Thursday, October 6, 2016

Nacho Burger

Although my aim is to eat as healthy as possible, like all of us, I have my weaknesses. I especially love CHEESEBURGERS!! And when I combine my love of cheeseburgers with Mexican favorites, it gets even better.  Here, as a feature to my Cheeseburger Paradise series, is burger combo to one of my favorite cheat meals, Nachos; and this is the Nacho Burger.   We have the cheese, the crunchiness from the tortilla chips, the heat from the jalapenos and then the juicy meat of the patty...simply perfect!! It's a toss up between this burger and my Quesadilla Burger, but whichever is your favorite, both are sure to be hits at your next BBQ, cooking for your man or to satisfy those cheat meal cravings!
Ingredients:
1 lean beef hamburger patty (or other, turkey, vegetarian, etc.)
1 whole wheat hamburger bun (or other desired bun)
1 tbsp chunky salsa (medium or hot, depending on preference)
1-2 slices (cover patty size) pepper jack cheese
1/4 cup crispy tortilla chip strips
2 tbsp cup queso cheese dip
1 tbsp. sliced marinated jalapenos
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
salt & pepper to taste (optional)
Optional garnishes:
salsa
sour cream
guacamole
ketchup
  1. Season your hamburger patty with red pepper flakes and salt & pepper as desired.
  2. Grill patty on barbecue or pan fry to slightly under desired rareness.
  3. Remove patty from barbecue or pan and set aside.
  4. Build burger: Top burger with sliced pepper jack cheese, add salsa, and add tortilla strips ensuring they don't spill over.
  5. Spoon queso cheese over tortilla strips/ burger (spill over if you like it messy!)
  6. Sprinkle jalapeno slices over to desired heat, put on top bun...Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment